Searching...
Wednesday 3 May 2017

Sonam Kapoor: I am a misfit and proud to be so

'Neerja' star Sonam Kapoor speaks on the National Award title she will collect today and her future roles

As Sonam Kapoor readies to pick up her first National Award for 'Neerja' (2016) today, she looks back at her decade-long career in Bollywood so far with a sense of satisfaction. "I have had a turtle's journey so far. There is no pressure to up the ante, but yes, I will do films that are impactful," she says.
Sonam asserts she is open to smaller roles that make an impact. "I don't want to play only lead or titular parts. I want to do projects that have something to say beyond just being entertaining, films like Dutt biopic and 'Padman', which entertain and yet, are all heart. I'd love to be a vain actor, but it's important to work with men like R Balki ['Padman' director] and Raju Hirani [Dutt biopic director]," she adds.

0 comments: